Five Things To Consider As You Look For An Attorney After A Motorcycle Accident
Streets and highways are available for use by a great variety of motor vehicles, including cars, trucks, buses and motorcycles. However, drivers of cars and other large motor vehicles often fail to give motorcycles the right of way. This is one of several critical factors about motorcycle accident cases that set them apart from other traffic accidents. Keep these issues in mind when you are selecting a lawyer to represent you after a motorcycle accident.
The Law Office of Anthony L. Coviello, LLC, in Bloomfield, New Jersey, can help you evaluate your accident in the light of these five critical factors in motorcycle accident cases. These and other issues may hold the key to a successful claim to help you recover after a crash.
- Drivers of other vehicles often claim they did not see a motorcycle before a crash. This is one of the excuses that investigators hear when they try to determine the cause of an accident involving a car and motorcycle or a truck and motorcycle. Even if these drivers are telling the truth, this explanation does not account for circumstances such as inattentive driving.
- Motorcycle operators often suffer serious and catastrophic injuries in collisions. Motorcycle riders do not have the protection that occupants of enclosed motor vehicles do. A crash often means a motorcyclist will be crushed or thrown from the motorcycle. Road rash, back and neck injuries, broken bones, amputations, spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries are all common outcomes of motorcycle crashes. Medical costs quickly soar.
- Motorcyclists often have inadequate insurance to cover the costs of their injuries. Motorcycle owners who suffer serious injuries often discover that their coverage is not enough. It can take perseverance to find a way to pay for surgery, a lengthy hospitalization and other medical expenses that come with serious or catastrophic injuries.
- Bikers have rights in traffic just as other drivers do. Did a driver of a car or truck cut you off in traffic or otherwise fail to yield to you when you were traveling on your motorbike? Other drivers may be at fault when they fail to watch out properly. Was the other driver using a cellphone or otherwise driving inattentively at the time of your crash? Answers to such questions can open the door to legal action to help cover the costs of injuries and losses.
- It is important to work with an attorney who respects bikers’ rights. You can count on Anthony L. Coviello at the Law Office of Anthony L. Coviello, LLC, to advocate zealously on your behalf. If another driver was negligent, we will fight for your right to fair compensation.
Schedule A Free Consultation After A Bloomfield Motorcycle Accident
Lawyer Anthony L. Coviello can visit you in your hospital room or at your home if you are unable to come to our law offices. Call 973-798-8328 or send an email message through this website to arrange for a conversation about your accident and your options for getting compensation for your injuries and losses.
Se habla español.